This vegan cookie mug cake is exactly what you need when you don’t want to pull out all of your baking equipment. It’s dairy free, egg free and uses basic pantry ingredients that you likely already have. Baked in the microwave in just 1 minute and 30 seconds. And after this super long and stressful week…I need comfort and I need it fast!
I know it’s not just me dealing with stress. If you’ve had a really hard week, my heart goes out to you. Some of the things I’ve been doing to keep my spirits up include a little more baking, a little more stretching, and some quite moments alone with some warm tea. And this week in particular, the idea of mug cake was calling my name. So I answered the call.
What you need to make your vegan cookie mug cake
- Flour (you can use whole wheat pastry flour, spelt flour, all purpose flour, all purpose gluten free flour, almond flour, etc.)
- Baking powder
- Nut/seed butter (peanut butter, almond butter, sun butter, tahini)
- Organic sugar
- Plant based milk (soy, almond, etc.)
- Chocolate chips
Why make a cookie mug cake?
- It’s delicious
- You don’t need to turn on your oven
- You can keep this to one serving
- Sometimes you need dessert fast
There’s just something really charming about a mug cake. And when made just right, it can bring happiness to you in just a matter of minutes. Bonus, you can make these as nutritious or as fun as you want to. Personally, I always like to use whole grain flours, but sometimes you just need something decadent, and I totally understand that. For me, the most fun about these mug cakes is the variations you can make. Trust me, I will be having some fun coming up with some new fun flavors.
Need more fun dessert ideas?Print
This vegan cookie mug cake is exactly what you need when you don't want to pull out all of your baking equipment. Dairy free, egg free and uses basic pantry ingredients. Baked in the microwave in just 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- 4 tbsp spelt flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1–2 tbsp chocolate chips
- In a mug, add all dry ingredients and stir with a fork.
- Add in peanut butter and almond milk then carefully stir with fork to create a wet batter.
- Carefully fold in chocolate chips.
- Place mug in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Make sure to use a big enough mug to allow cake to rise safely. Allow it to accommodate at least 1 inch of space above batter.
- Top with extra chocolate chips on top to give more of that cookie feel.
- If you want your mug cookie to be more cookie like, feel free to add an extra tbsp of nut butter.
- Make allergy free by choosing gluten free flours, seed butters, and dairy free chocolate chips.
- Cooking time may vary depending on wattage of your microwave. If you are concerned about your cake coming out dry, cook for 50 seconds, and check on your mug cake. If it looks underdone, microwave for another 10 seconds. Check for doneness. If more time required, cook for another 10 seconds. I have had success with cooking it the full 1 minute and 30 seconds. Again, dependent on what your microwave is set to.
- Prep Time: 3 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: almond milk, brown sugar, chocolate chips, flour, peanut butter, spelt flour
Did You Try This Recipe?
Then let me know what you thought! Share your creations by tagging me on Instagram with the hashtag #plantbasedrdeats