This vegan cookie mug cake is exactly what you need when you don't want to pull out all of your baking equipment. Dairy free, egg free and uses basic pantry ingredients. Baked in the microwave in just 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- 4 tbsp spelt flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1–2 tbsp chocolate chips
- In a mug, add all dry ingredients and stir with a fork.
- Add in peanut butter and almond milk then carefully stir with fork to create a wet batter.
- Carefully fold in chocolate chips.
- Place mug in the microwave for 1 minute and 30 seconds.
- Make sure to use a big enough mug to allow cake to rise safely. Allow it to accommodate at least 1 inch of space above batter.
- Top with extra chocolate chips on top to give more of that cookie feel.
- If you want your mug cookie to be more cookie like, feel free to add an extra tbsp of nut butter.
- Make allergy free by choosing gluten free flours, seed butters, and dairy free chocolate chips.
- Cooking time may vary depending on wattage of your microwave. If you are concerned about your cake coming out dry, cook for 50 seconds, and check on your mug cake. If it looks underdone, microwave for another 10 seconds. Check for doneness. If more time required, cook for another 10 seconds. I have had success with cooking it the full 1 minute and 30 seconds. Again, dependent on what your microwave is set to.
Keywords: almond milk, brown sugar, chocolate chips, flour, peanut butter, spelt flour