This maple tahini stovetop granola is super easy and quick to make. Tastes like you baked it in the oven. Perfect breakfast meal prep! Vegan, oil free, and gluten free.
I love baking granola and I’m sure a lot of you feel the exact same way. The only problem with baking it is that it takes more time than I am willing to give to bake. I wanted something simpler, fewer ingredients and still crisps up. My solution to this, cooking on the stove! This maple tahini stovetop granola is super easy, customizable and is done in just 10 minutes.
What ingredients do you need to make Maple Tahini Stovetop Granola?
- Tahini: The runnier the better! You can also use other natural nut/seed butters.It should only contain the nut/seed in question with/without salt.
- Maple Syrup: Or any other liquid sweetener. I personally love the taste of maple syrup with tahini.
- Spices: You can choose anything from cinnamon to pumpkin pie spice. Easy to customize.
- Add Ins: What’s your favorite additions to granola? This part is totally optional, but I personally like adding pepitas, raisins and cacoa nibs. But, definitely make it your own.
How to make your granola on the stove top
- Combine your chosen ingredients in a large saute pan.
- Bring pan up to medium heat and keep stirring. Keep the oats moving to prevent your oats from burning.
- After 5 minutes of stirring, lower the heat slightly and keep stirring for an additional 5 minutes.
- Remove pan from heat and sprinkle in your add ins then store to combine.
Storing your maple tahini stovetop granola
Once your oats are toasted perfectly, you need to let your granola completely cool. Feel free to keep it in the pan as it cools. Once your granola completely cools, store your granola in a resealable container, preferrably a glass container. Your granola can be stored for up to 2 weeks.
Ways to enjoy your maple tahini stovetop granola
- Sprinkled over plant based yogurts as a nice crunchy treat
- In a bowl with fresh fruit and soy milk poured into it
- Cut up some fresh fruit and drizzle with nut butter and sprinkle with granola overtop
- Grab a handful as a quick snack
Need more breakfast inspiration with oats?
Maple Tahini Stovetop Granola
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 0 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast
- Cuisine: American
This maple tahini stovetop granola is super easy and quick to make. No oven required! Perfect breakfast meal prep!
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- Add oats, tahini, maple syrup and seasoinings to a large skillt or saute pan over medium heat.
- Stir oats continuously for about 4-5 minutes and then lower heat slightly, and continue to stir to prevent granola from burning.
- Cook oats for about 3-5 mintues more, continuing to stir until oats appear more toasted. Granola should have a toasted golden color to them.
- Remove pan with granola from heat. Add in any additional granola mix ins you prefer and stir to combine.
- Allow granola to completely cool and continue to crisp up before storing it.
- For this granola I added 1/4 cup of pepitas, 1/4 cup raisins, and 2 tbsp cacao nibs. I included these add ins right at the end up cooking and stirred to combine.
- Cooling the granola will ensure that it gets nice and crispy. Do not store until granola is fully cooled.
- You can sub out tahini with any other natural nut or seed butter of preference. Make sure it’s runny.
Did You Try This Recipe?
Then let me know what you thought! Share your creations by tagging me on Instagram with the hashtag #plantbasedrdeats
Just made this, and it’s so, so good. The tahini and maple flavors are delicious together! I’ve been on a granola making kick and this is, by far, the best tasting one so far!
So glad you enjoyed this granola! Literally can’t get enough of it and always makes the house smell amazing. 🙂
I made this recipe last night and I’m obsessed! I love how easy and fool-proof it is. Every time I make homemade granola, I always overcook and burn it in the oven. This stove top variation makes it so much easier and faster! Just another bonus, the aromas this granola gives off fills your kitchen with a warm spice. I’ll definitely be making this recipe again!
Yes! This is literally why I love cooking in on the stove top. It’s quick, but I literally will never burn this granola because you are watching it steadily. Thank you so much for trying this recipe!
I think this is the best granola I’ve ever had! Whenever I take a handful, I can never stop eating it. I really love how crispy and toasty the granola gets, and the added flavor from the tahini gives it a really nice depth that is different from all of the other granolas/granola recipes I’ve tried! Thank you!
Aww, I’m so glad you really enjoyed the granola!! Totally makes my day to hear!
Gosh, just did the recipe and it is so delicious – thank you, my oven just broke and googled so many stovetop recipes; yours seemed the « healthiest » and I was intrigued by the tahini in it – it’s simply amazing!
This is the exact reason I made this recipe because I had a similar experience in our old apartment and really wanted granola. So so happy you tried it. The tahini in this is just so yum. 🙂