Vegan peanut butter blondies with a crackly top, gooey chocolate chips and the best chewy center. Soft and buttery treats that are super easy to make.
- 1/2 cup aquafaba (liquid only from a can of no salt added chickpeas)
- 1/4 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup natural peanut butter, salted
- 1/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (125 g) whole wheat pastry flour, all-purpose flour or gluten-free 1:1 all-purpose flour mix
- 3/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips or chunks, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line an 8-in x 8-in baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add your aquafaba and your cane sugar to a mixing bowl. With an electric hand mixer or hand held frother, blend the mixture until the aquafaba has frothed and thickened to a glossy consistency.
- Pour in the peanut butter, brown sugar, vanilla, baking powder and salt, then with a spatula fold it into the aquafaba mixture until fully combined.
- Add the flour and fold it into the batter until just combined and no clumps of flour remain. If using chocolate chips, fold that into the batter.
- Pour your batter into the lined 8-in x 8-in baking pan and place in the oven to bake for 30 minutes. The middle may appear slightly underbaked, but it will continue to cook in the pan once removed from the oven.
- Once cooled, remove from the pan and cut it into 9 or 16 squares based on portion preference and enjoy.
Make sure to use natural peanut butter or nut butter alternative. For the ultimate fudgy texture, going for nut butters that are naturally creamy and runny will yield the best texture as the natural oils help to create the perfect texture.
Do not overmix your batter. Make sure just to fold the batter enough so that no big clumps of flour remain.
Underbake your blondies. At the time suggested for baking this recipe, the blondies may look underdone in the middle when removing from the oven, but they will continue to bake as they are cooling in the pan.
Make sure to measure your flour appropriately. Either use a scale to measure or fluff your flour before measuring using the spoon and level method.
Keywords: vegan blondies, vegan peanut butter blondies, peanut butter blondies, chewy blondies