These Lemon Garlic Marinated Chickpea Wraps are protein packed and full of bright citrus flavor. Perfect on it’s own or wrapped for easy make ahead lunches.
- 2, 15 oz cans of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh mint or basil, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- Juice and zest of 1 medium lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 2 tsp maple syrup or agave
- To a large mixing bowl add in the chickpeas, cucumbers, tomatoes, red onion, parsley and mint then sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
- In a separate jar add in the oil, mustard, apple cider vinegar, garlic, oregano, thyme, basil, maple syrup and a pinch of salt. Give the dressing a really good mix to combine then pour it over the chickpea mixture.
- Toss the chickpea salad together, making sure it has been coated with the dressing then cover the bowl and place in the fridge for up to one hour, stirring occasionally to redistribute the dressing.
- When ready to serve, place a wrap or pita on a flat plate and spread with your favorite spread then top with the chickpea salad and serve.
For best flavor, marinate the chickpeas for an hour. This will allow the flavors in the marinade to develop and for your chickpeas and veggies to absorb more of the flavor.
You can always cut this recipe in half if you want to alternate with another lunch meal prep throughout the week.
Warm your pita in a toaster oven then use your favorite spread and top with this chickpea mixture for the ultimate satisfying meal.
Give the chickpeas a toss while they are marinating. You can stir them or toss while they are marinating to help keep the chickpeas evenly coated in the marinade.
Keywords: marinated chickpeas, marinated chickpea salad, lemon garlic chickpea salad, lemon garlic marinated chickpea wraps