This summery bowl of strawberries and cream oatmeal is easy to make and sweetened with the help of strawberry jam. Perfect for meal prep and the perfect balance of sweet.
- 3 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 1/2 cups rolled oats
- 3 tbsp ground flax seeds or chia seeds
- 1/3 cup strawberry preserves
- Add your almond milk, coconut milk, vanilla, and salt to a large sauce pan and stir well to combine.
- Bring mixture to a boil then reduce heat to a low simmer and add your oats, flax seed, and strawberry preserves.
- Stir oatmeal mixture, and continue to stir and cook for about 10 to 13 minutes or until oats have thickened.
- Serve immediately or portion oats into individual serving containers to use throughout the week.
If saving these oats for meal prep through the week, note that your oats will continue to thicken as it sits in the fridge. If oats are too thick, feel free to loosen them up with a little extra milk.
To reheat, place in the microwave for about 1 minute or 1 minute 30 seconds until warmed through. Add additional milk, if desired before serving.
Keywords: oatmeal meal prep, breakfast bowl, vegan oatmeal recipes, strawberries and cream oatmeal