These Roasted Garlic & Herb Chickpeas are a delicious and easy vegan sheet pan dinner. These chickpeas and veggies are coated with dry thyme, basil and oregano to compliment the addition of fresh parsley and cilantro in every bite.
- 1, 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 large zucchini, cut into thick half moon chunks
- 5–6 thin lemon slices
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4–5 cloves garlic, crushed or finely minced
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 1–2 tsp nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 handful of parsley, stems removed and finely chopped
- 1 handful of cilantro, stems removed and finely chopped
Herby Tahini Dressing
- 2 tbsp tahini
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp of leftover herbs
- 1–2 tbsp of water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Make sure to dry your chickpeas with a dry kitchen cloth to remove excess moisture. Then, add your chopped vegetables and chickpeas to the sheet pan.
- In a small bowl combine the olive oil, ACV, garlic, basil, thyme, oregano, salt and nutritional yeast. Reserve a tablespoon of the fresh herbs and add the rest to the olive oil mixture. Mix everything well and then add to the vegetables.
- With your hands, make sure to coat your chickpeas and vegetables really well with the marinade and top with lemon slices. Then place in the oven to bake for 20-23 minutes.
- While the chickpeas bake, make the dressing by combining the remaining ingredients to the same small bowl and whisk well until creamy. If the dressing is too thick, add an additional tablespoon of water to thin it out.
- Assemble your bowl by pairing your baked veggies with some grains and topping with your dressing.
Make sure to dry your chickpeas well. You want to make sure you remove as much moisture from the surface by draining well and continuing to dry off excess moisture using a clean dish towel. This will also help to improve the texture of the chickpeas as they roast.
Evenly cut your vegetables. Regardless of the vegetables you choose, make sure they are as close to uniformly cut as possible. If you have big cut vegetables and some that are smaller, your ending sheet pan might not be evenly cooked.
You can save time with this sheet pan by using pre-cut vegetables and minced fresh herbs. Typically you can find these items in the refrigerated part of your produce section.
Keywords: vegan sheet pan recipe, vegan sheet pan dinner, garlic and herb chickpeas