This Lemon Basil Three Bean Salad is refreshing and easy to put together. Perfect to enjoy as is, serve at summer parties or enjoy as a side.
- 1, 15oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1, 15oz can white beans, rinsed and drained
- 1, 15oz can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 medium red onion, minced
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
- Zest of one lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, minced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Juice of two lemons
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- Fresh cracked black pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine beans, onion, garlic, cherry tomatoes, lemon zest and basil.
- Top with lemon juice, olive oil, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss everything together until fully combined, then cover and allow to sit and marinate for at least an hour in the fridge before serving.
Allow your beans to fully marinate! Give this salad at least 1 hour in the fridge to chill and marinate. For best results, consider marinating over night before enjoying for maximum flavor.
Rinse your beans and drain them really well. You want to make sure that you remove the water the beans are stored in with the cans to help prevent your salad from getting soggy and weird.
To help keep your salad fresh longer, add your veggies the day it is being served. Mix everything except the tomatoes and refrigerate. When ready to serve, add your tomatoes and mix well.
Keywords: three bean salad, vegan bean salad, bean salad, vegan summer recipes