These buffalo cauliflower chickpea wraps are loaded with oven baked cauliflower and chickpeas flavored with a creamy rich vegan buffalo sauce. You only need one pan to make these delicious vegan wraps and they make for the perfect lunch.
Buffalo Chickpea Wraps
- Greens of choice
- Sliced avocado
- Baked Buffalo Cauliflower and Chickpeas
Baked Buffalo Cauliflower Chickpeas
- 1 medium head of cauliflower, cut into thumb sized pieces
- 1, 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/3 cup vegan Buffalo sauce (I used Frank’s Red Hot Buffalo Sauce)
- 1 1/2 tbsp tahini or melted vegan butter
- 2 tbsp unsweetened soy milk
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp maple syrup
Prepare Cauliflower and Chickpeas
- Set oven to 425F. Spread drained chickpeas to a clean kitchen towel and pat them dry.
- Once chickpeas are dried well, add them to a baking sheet along with your cauliflower pieces.
- Pour over half the sauce and toss to coat chickpeas and cauliflower well.
- Spread chickpeas and cauliflower pieces out over the pan allowing any flat sides of the cauliflower pieces to face down on the baking sheet.
- Place baking sheet in the oven to bake for about 15-20 minutes or until you see the cauliflower appear to brown around the edges. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
Assemble Your Wrap
- Once you are ready to make your wraps, take one wrap and spread it with some hummus.
- Add in some greens, avocado and the chickpea cauliflower mix, then tuck in the sides of the wrap and start rolling from one end to the other until you have a nice burrito shape. You can eat as is or cut in half to serve.
If using this for meal prep, I recommend not assembling the wraps and instead storing the filling. You can store the filling until it’s time to make your wrap, which will help prevent your wrap from going soggy. Once assembled you can reheat by placing in a toaster oven to heat up or in a panini press.
Optional, but you can pour extra Buffalo sauce over your wrap filling and then wrap it up like a burrito. If you prefer, you can also opt to use the extra sauce as a dip and dip your wrap into the sauce as you eat.
The texture of the cauliflower and chickpeas should be firm, but soft. You can make these more crispy by tossing the sauced cauliflower and chickpeas with some panko breadcrumbs.
Keywords: sandwiches/wraps, quick and easy