This Baked Hummus Pasta is loaded with flavor and is quick and easy to make.
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 3–4 peeled garlic cloves (use more or less depending on the flavor hummus you use)
- 1 cup hummus
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry rosemary
- 2–3 tbsp olive oil
- 8 oz of dry pasta
- 1 cup reserved pasta water
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomatoes, sliced into strips
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 5–6 fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- Juice of half a lemon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400F, then in a large baking dish, add in your cherry tomatoes, garlic cloves and 1 tbsp of olive oil and toss to combine.
- Make a well in the center of your baking dish and add in your hummus.
- Top the hummus with the dry basil, oregano, rosemary and the remaining olive oil, then place in the oven to bake for 30-40 minutes or until tomatoes are blistered and juicy.
- While the hummus bakes, prepare your pasta according to the package, making sure to season the water with salt. Make sure to reserve 1 cup of pasta water for the sauce after the pasta cooks.
- Once the tomatoes and hummus are cooked, carefully with a fork mash your tomatoes and garlic to fully release all of their juices, then mix into the hummus to get a thicker sauce.
- Add in your pasta water, sun-dried tomatoes, and nutritional yeast, making sure to stir well to create the sauce.
- Next, pour in your cooked pasta, fresh basil and a squeeze of lemon juice, then toss to coat evenly and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately.
Make sure to season your pasta water well. This will ensure that you have very flavorful pasta in this dish.
Don’t forget to reserve your pasta water! You need that water to help make sure that your sauce thickens and adheres well to the pasta.
Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.