Made with real fruit and sweetened with a little maple syrup, this raspberry orange chia jam comes together easily for the perfect spread.
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- Zest of one orange
- To a saucepan add in your frozen raspberries and bring to medium heat to fully thaw.
- As the raspberries thaw, lightly mash with your cooking spoon or spatula.
- Once completely thawed and mashed, remove from heat and add in your maple syrup, chia seeds and orange zest.
- Allow to sit and gel for at least 10 minutes before use or for a few hours for an even thicker jam.
Make sure your jam completely cools before storing it.
To make a full and balanced snack. Include some whole grains, protein and some healthy fats. I used Wasa Crispbreads for my whole grain addition, protein from some nut butter and healthy fats and produce thanks to the raspberry jam.
Keywords: jam, raspberry jam