This chickpea noodle soup is all things cozy, hearty and high protein. A delicious broth seasoned with thyme, garlic and ginger.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 ribs celery (sliced)
- 1/2 large white onion (diced)
- 3 small carrots (sliced into thick coins)
- 7 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 inch fresh ginger (minced)
- 1 1/2 tsp poultry seasoning or mushroom seasoning
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp salt (or to taste)
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 can chickpeas (rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup chickpea pasta
- 6 cups good quality vegetable broth
- Lemon wedges for serving
- In a large pot, heat up oil and then add in celery, carrots, and onion with a pinch of salt and sauté until softened.
- Add in garlic and ginger and sauté until fragrant then add in thyme, mushroom seasoning, and turmeric and sauté for a minute.
- To the pot, add in chickpeas, bay leaves and vegetable broth and stir well to combine.
- Bring to a boil, then lower to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Stir in pasta and allow to cook in the soup according to package. Check to make sure pasta is cooked and adjust salt and pepper to your taste. Serve as is or enjoy with a squeeze of lemon juice to brighten the soup up.
For vegetable broth, I used the equivalent listed using better than bouillon vegetable base.
If using mushroom seasoning, I really enjoy using the Trader Joe’s Mushroom & Company Multipurpose Umami Seasoning Blend.
Keywords: chickpea noodle soup, chickpeas, soup