These caramel macchiato overnight oats are perked up with some fresh brewed coffee and sweetened with some medjool dates.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 medjool date, mashed
- Pinch of salt
- Pinch of cardamom
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp unsweetened oat milk or almond milk
- 2–3 tbsp brewed coffee
- Frothed Plant Milk
- In a jar, add oats, chia seeds, dates, cardamom, salt and mix to combine.
- Pour in milk and vanilla and stir well to combine.
- Allow oats to sit for a few minutes and then give another good stir before covering and placing in the fridge overnight to set.
- When ready to enjoy, pour your brewed coffee over top. To go for a fancy coffee look, feel free to add a scoop of frothed milk foam on top with a pinch of cinnamon and enjoy.
Frothing your milk is totally optional, but definitely makes these oats more fun to enjoy. You can froth your milk a few different ways. You can use a regular frothing machine or a handheld frother if you have it available. If using a machine, set it to heat and froth your milk. If using a handheld device, heat up your milk in the microwave for a minute until it’s hot. With your handheld frother, just place into the milk and begin to froth your milk until some foam forms at the top. If using a handheld frother, just note that it is recommended you opt for a barista style milk that is easiest to froth.
Keywords: overnight oats, oatmeal, coffee, quick and easy, meal prep