A delicious herb tofu spread topped with pickled beets for the perfect breakfast sandwich. The best flavors, textures and easy to make!
Herby Tofu Spread
- 1 block firm tofu (drained of water)
- 3 cloves roasted garlic
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Handful of dill
- Handful of chives or 1/2 a small shallot
- 1 tbsp capers
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4–6 slices of Love Beets Perfectly Pickled Beets
- 4–6 slices of cucumber
- 1/4 avocado (sliced)
- 3–4 tbsp of herby tofu spread
- 2 slices of bread (like an English muffin or one bagel)
- Take your firm tofu and gently squeeze a little water out of it using your hands then pat dry with a paper towel.
- Place your tofu into a high speed blender or food processor with the remaining ingredients for the herby tofu spread.
- Blend ingredients on high until you get a smooth consistency. If using a high speed blender, use a tamper to keep ingredients near blades as it blends. Scrape sides as needed.
- Once blended, place tofu spread into a container, seal and place in the fridge to set for a few hours or overnight.
- To assemble your sandwich, start with 2 slices of good quality bread and smear with a layer of the tofu spread on both sides, then layer with the Love Beets Perfectly Pickled Beets on one side, cucumber slices on the other side, then add avocado and close sandwich together.
- Gently press layers together and enjoy. If desired to cut in half, use a sharp knife or bread knife to carefully cut the sandwich in two.
- This recipe makes about 2 cups of herby tofu spread.
- Store in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Keywords: breakfast sandwich, pickled beets, sandwiches, tofu