This vegan everything bagel stuffing is loaded with the classic salty, onion, and garlic flavors you love. The perfect easy holiday side!
- 2 everything bagels
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 2 tbsp water
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1/4 small red onion (diced)
- 1 stalk celery (diced)
- 2 tsp everything but the bagel seasoning
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1/2 tsp dry thyme
- 1/4 tsp dry rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dry sage
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- Salt as needed
- Set oven to 350F. Take everything bagels and cut in half then cut into small cubes.
- Place cubed bagels onto a baking sheet spread out evenly and bake in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine ground flax and water and stir well to combine then set aside.
- Place a medium size sauce pan over medium high heat. Add in oil, onions, celery and a pinch of salt. Sauté until onions have softened.
- Stir in minced garlic and sauté again until fragrant.
- To the pan add in cubed bagels, flax egg, herbs and a quarter of the vegetable broth. Stir well to combine and slowly add more vegetable broth until bagel pieces have soaked some of the broth and softened slightly. I used about 1 cup vegetable broth, but feel free to use less or more based on your preference for stuffing consistency.
- Scoop soaked stuffing into a greased small baking dish or large bread pan and cover with foil.
- Place baking dish into the oven and bake for about 25 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10-15 minutes until top is golden then remove from the oven and serve as desired.
- To make this recipe more indulgent, feel free to add a tablespoon of butter after you’ve cooked the onions and celery.
- Make it gluten free by using gluten free bagels instead.
Keywords: bagel stuffing, bagels, everything bagels, holidays, stuffing