These vegan magic bars are a sweet and buttery treat loaded with chocolate chips and coconut. Simple to make and just 10 ingredients!
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp molasses
- 1/3 cup canned coconut milk
- 1/2 cup dairy free chocolate chips
- 3 tbsp canned coconut milk
- 3 tbsp coconut flakes
- 3 tbsp rolled oats (optional)
- Pinch of salt (optional)
- Set oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, add oats, walnuts, sugar, cinnamon, coconut flakes, and salt and pulse a few times to get an even crumb.
- Add in coconut milk and molasses and process on high until the mixture starts to stick together.
- Pour dough base on to an 8×8 baking pan and with your hands start to press mixture down evenly to cover entire surface of the pan.
- Evenly sprinkle chocolate chips over top of the bar base then repeat process with coconut flakes and other dry toppings.
- Drizzle coconut milk over top of the bars and then take tray and place into the oven.
- Bake bars for 25 minutes or until coconut flakes are nice and toasted to a golden color.
- Remove bars from oven and allow to completely cool for about 15 minutes before cutting into them and enjoying.
- Make sure to use gluten free oats to ensure that these bars are gluten free.
- You can opt for different sugar in place of the coconut sugar. You can replace the sugar with 3 soft medjool dates or if using a liquid sweetener, keep same amount, but lower amount of coconut milk from 1/3 cup for the base to 1/4 cup canned coconut milk.
Keywords: bars, chocolate, coconut, magic bars