This baked tempeh sabroso as it's name implies is tasty! Infused with lime, sazon and garlic, this tempeh will leave you satisfied.
- 1 block tempeh
- Juice of 2 limes
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 tsp sazon seasoning
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp thyme
- 1 tsp oregano
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 1/8 tsp salt or to taste
- Set oven to 400F.
- Cut tempeh in half into 2 even blocks. With a knife, pierce into the tempeh at least 6 times on both sides.
- In a bowl, whisk together vinegar, lime juice, and salt.
- Place tempeh blocks in a shallow dish or tray. Top with diced onion, garlic and remaining seasonings then pour juice mixture all over the tempeh.
- Cover your marinating dish and allow tempeh to sit for at least 30 minutes, flipping tempeh to other side half way through the marinating time.
- Bring a sauté pan to medium heat, and place the blocks of tempeh in the pan and sear for 2-3 minutes on both sides.
- Add marinade and vegetable broth and bring to a low simmer.
- Flip your tofu as needed and allow liquid in pan to cook off, about 10 minutes.
- Take tempeh, and place on a baking tray. Season with a pinch of salt and pop in the oven to bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
- Remove from oven and serve with vegetables and starch of your choice.
- If using an airfrier, add tempeh and bake at 370F for 8-9 minutes.
- Depending on heat of the stove, liquid may need more time to cook off. Make sure to watch your pan to make sure you don’t burn your tempeh while cooking off liquid.