This creamy bowl of high protein strawberry oatmeal feels like spring in a bowl and is loaded with 19 grams of plant protein. The perfect filling, vegan and gluten free breakfast for everyone.
- 1/2 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened soy milk
- 1/4 cup strawberries, sliced
- 2 tbsp unsweetened almond yogurt
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
- Add oats, chia seeds, hemp hearts, cinnamon, and strawberries to a sauce pan and stir to combine.
- Pour in milk and mix together.
- Bring mixture to a simmer and allow to cook and thicken to desired consistency for 5-8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in maple syrup, salt and yogurt then serve.
- Serve and top bowl with additional fresh strawberries, more yogurt and an extra drizzle of maple syrup if desired.
- If you have a soy allergy, you can replace the soy milk with a high protein plant based milk like Ripple Milk for the same amount of protein or Hemp Milk, which will only be a few grams less than provided by soy milk.
- For a thicker oatmeal, allow oats to sit and thicken for a longer period of time before eating.
- You can make a big batch of this oatmeal and store in separate Tupperware containers. When planning to eat, add a few splashes of milk, stir and reheat in the microwave for about 1 minute and 30 seconds.
Keywords: baked oatmeal, chia seeds, cinnamon, hemp hearts, maple syrup, plant based yogurt, rolled oats, soy milk, strawberries