This garlic chili tofu with peanut sauce is a super easy and delicious dinner option that pairs perfectly with noodles or rice for a balanced meal.
Baked Garlic Chili Tofu
- 1 block extra firm tofu, drained and pressed for at least an hour
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 3 tbsp natural peanut butter
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp sriracha
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp ginger powder
- Juice of half a lime
- 2–3 tbsp water
For baking garlic chili tofu
- Set oven to 400F. After pressing tofu, cut tofu into even cubes and place in a bowl or Tupperware container.
- Add in remaining ingredients. If using a bowl, lightly toss all ingredients together with a spatula. If using a Tupperware container or zip lock freezer bag, seal container and gently shake contents to evenly coat tofu.
- Remove tofu and place on a lined baking sheet making sure tofu cubes are not touching.
- Place in oven for at least 25 minutes or until edges have browned. Remove from oven and set aside.
For peanut sauce
- Add all ingredients to a bowl and whisk together until smooth.
- Adjust consistency of sauce to your liking by adding additional water in small amounts to achieve desired consistency.
- Divide tofu and prepared sides between 3 serving bowls or containers.
- Add tofu along with sides to a bowl and pour about 2 tbsp worth of peanut sauce over top each bowl and toss together. Add more peanut sauce if desired.
- Use recommended swaps as needed as they have been tested. If you see a swap that hasn’t been recommended, I can not promise that the end result will be the same. If you try any of these recipes with other alternatives, definitely let me know if you have success with them!
- Make this recipe gluten free by opting for gluten free soy sauce alternatives like coconut aminos and opt for gluten free sides like rice or rice based noodles.
- Make this recipe fast by opting for super firm tofu that does not need to be pressed or pressing tofu for a shorter period of time than recommended above.
Keywords: peanut sauce, tofu