This bowl of lentil tahini pasta is one of my favorite vegan pantry meals to make! Packed with protein and quick to put together! Did I mention it is super flavorful? Because it's delicious.
- 4 oz dry pasta of choice (I used rigatoni)
- 1/2 cup dry lentils
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp dry basil
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup reserved pasta water
- 2 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tbsp tahini**
- 2 cups loosely packed cooking greens (spinach, kale, or collards, etc.)
- In a sauce pan add lentils and veggie broth. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a low simmer and cook for 10 minutes on low heat, covering with a lid.
- As lentils get to the 10 minute mark of cooking, bring a separate pot of water to a boil and cook pasta according to package.
- Going back to the lentils, remove the lid and add tomato paste and all seasonings listed in the ingredients.
- Stir to combine and add tahini (or substitution of choice) and greens.
- Stir once more and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Once pasta is cooked, reserve 1/2 cup of pasta water and drain the pasta.
- Add pasta and pasta water to the pan with the lentils.
- Stir to evenly coat pasta with the sauce and serve!
- If you do not have tahini at home, feel free to use 1/4 cup full fat coconut milk Or 1/4 cup hummus to replace it.
- Make it even higher in protein and gluten free by opting for bean based pasta.