One of the easiest and tastiest ways to prep tofu. If you hate tofu, consider having it this way.
- 1 block extra firm tofu (drained and pressed for at least an hour)
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- Set oven to 400F. After pressing tofu, cut tofu into even cubes and place in a bowl or Tupperware container.
- Add remaining ingredients, and if using a bowl just gently toss together. If using a tupperware container, seal container and gently shake contents to evenly coat tofu.
- Remove tofu and place on a lined baking sheet making sure tofu cubes aren’t touching.
- Place in oven for at least 25 minutes or until edges have browned.
- Remove from oven and serve as desired.
- These delicious bites can be placed in an air fryer. Set air fryer to 370F and allow coated tofu to bake for 15 minutes or until outer edges are crispy.
- Want your tofu to be extra chewy? Leave tofu in the package and place in the freezer. Once frozen, remove from fridge and allow to completely thaw. Once thawed, treat tofu as discussed, press and prepare.
- Outside of main meals, tofu is a fantastic snack as well. Especially when it’s pressed, it has nice chewy texture and you can change up the flavors to meet your needs.
Keywords: garlic, nutritional yeast, soy sauce, tofu