This creamy Homemade Tofu Cream Cheese is easy to make and requires 6 ingredients that help to add in some extra protein to our spread.
- 3/4 cup raw cashews
- 265g extra firm tofu, drained from package (I used the brand Nasoya)
- Juice of half a small lemon
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp white miso paste
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- Place the cashews in a heat resistant bowl and cover completely with boiling water. Allow to soak for 15-30 minutes to soften them. Discard the liquid and add the cashews to a blender cup.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the blender and blend on high until the mixture is completely smooth.
- Pour the mixture into an airtight container and smooth it out before sealing. Place in the fridge to firm up overnight before enjoying.
Soak your cashews. This will soften them and make for a creamier texture. If you forget to soak them overnight in advance, just add them to boiling water for 15 minutes to soften them.
No need to press your tofu. The natural liquid in your tofu will also help making blending this mixture a lot easier.
Go beyond plain. This is just a cream cheese base, feel free to fold in your favorite add-ons for the ultimate flavor combo.
Keywords: tofu cream cheese