This is the easiest Vegetable Noodle Soup that comes together in 10 minutes. The flavorful broth is made in the same bowl it’s served. Mix and enjoy when you need a quick weeknight meal.
- 1 serving of wheat noodles
- 3 tbsp cilantro, minced
- 1 scallion, finely sliced with the white and green portions separated
- 1/3 cup baby spinach
- 2 tsp tamari or coconut aminos
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce or sriracha, optional
- 1/2 tsp vegetable bouillon paste (I used Better Than Bouillon)
- 1 tsp yellow or white miso paste
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tsp grated ginger
- White pepper to taste
- Zest and juice of 1/4 lime
- 1/2 cup frozen edamame, thawed
- 1/4 tsp fennel seeds, optional
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and cook noodles according to package. Reserve 2 cups of the boiling water, then remove noodles and rinse them well under cold water then set aside.
- While the noodles are cooking, add your cilantro, white portion of scallions, and baby spinach to one side of a large noodle bowl. To the other side of the bowl, add the tamari, oil, chili sauce, bouillon paste, and miso paste then mix together to combine.
- Add the grated garlic, ginger, lime zest and fennel seeds then carefully pour in the reserved boiling water into the bowl. Use a spoon to mix everything together then add the noodles on top along with the edamame.
- Add a few cracks of fresh white pepper and a squeeze of some lime juice then serve immediately.
While your noodles cook, assemble the soup base. Multitasking this part will help speed the time in making the soup.
Cool your noodles after they cook. Rinse your wheat or white noodles under cold water to stop them from continuing to cook after they have been removed from the water. This will prevent the noodles from sticking together and getting mushy.
Make this gluten-free. Just make sure to swap for some gluten-free noodles. A lot of rice based noodles work great in this soup.
Reduce the amount of sodium. Swap the tamari for a reduced sodium soy sauce. The vegetable bouillon can be swapped with a reduced sodium vegetable bouillon as well.
Keywords: vegetable noodle soup