This Herby Avocado White Bean Salad is ready to eat in just 15 minutes. No cooking required, but packed with lots of fresh flavor for your next meal prep.
- 1, 15 oz can of cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 7 jarred quartered artichoke hearts, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1/3 cup fresh dill, minced
- 1 scallion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, optional
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or 1 tsp garlic powder
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 tbsp or more of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp maple syrup or agave
- Salt to taste
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Cooked quinoa or Whole Grain/Gluten-free Crackers or Toast
- Pickled Onions
- Sliced Cucumbers
- To a large mixing bowl add the beans, artichoke hearts, parsley, dill, scallion, nutritional yeast, oregano, mustard, grated garlic, lemon zest and juice, oil, maple syrup and a generous pinch of salt. Mix all the ingredients together until well combined.
- If serving immediately, fold in your cubed avocado. Taste the mixture and add additional salt and pepper to taste. Spoon the mixture over some cooked grains like quinoa or use as a dip with some whole grain crackers.
Fold in the avocado when serving. If prepping ahead, mix everything together except the avocado. Fold in the avocado when ready to serve to help keep it fresh in the mixture.
Preserving the avocado if it’s already mixed in. To do this, pack the mixture into an airtight container and then cover the top either with a little oil or press some plastic wrap over top to help minimize air flow to the salad. Seal the container and store immediately in the fridge.
For the best flavor, allow your fully mixed salad to sit in the fridge for up to 30 minutes to really develop the flavors and also help mellow out the garlic.
Swap fresh garlic for powdered garlic. If fresh garlic is too much for you to handle, swap the fresh garlic for some garlic powder.
Balance the flavors to your liking. If you need more tang, add more mustard. Use more or less herbs based on your preference. Balance the tangy flavors with a little more sweetness using the maple syrup. Add the amount of oil that is comfortable for you.
Keywords: white bean salad, avocado white bean salad