These Maple Hoisin Shredded Tofu Wraps use shredded tofu for a flavorful, crispy, chewy filling that will keep your weekly meal prep fun and satisfying. Easy to make, high-protein and budget-friendly!
- 1, 454 gram block of super firm tofu, pat dry
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 3 tbsp tamari or soy sauce, divided
- 2 tbsp cornstarch or arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 1/2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/2 inch ginger, grated
- 1 tsp sesame oil, optional
- 1/2 cup vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup vegan mayo or a thick unsweetened plant-based yogurt
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- Salt to taste
- 3/4 cup shredded cabbage
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- Juice of half a lime
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar or maple syrup
- 3/4 cup greens of choice
- Cilantro, optional
- 3 burrito wraps
- Preheat oven to 425F. Crumble or shred your tofu. To shred, place a box grater over a parchment lined baking sheet. Grate your tofu over the largest holes on the grater to make shreds then add oil, 1 tablespoon of soy sauce, garlic powder and 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and toss to coat. Spread the mixture out into a single layer then place the tray in the oven to bake for 15 minutes. Flip the tofu and bake again for 10 minutes until golden.
- Meanwhile, place the shredded cabbage and carrots in a storage container with lime juice, salt and sugar. Toss to coat, cover and set aside.
- In another storage container or jar, whisk together the mayo, sriracha, lime juice, and syrup then adjust salt to taste.
- Now, prepare the stir-fry sauce. Set a pan over medium low heat. To a bowl, combine the remaining 2 tablespoons of soy sauce, hoisin sauce, vinegar, maple syrup, garlic, ginger, sesame oil, and vegetable broth. Whisk the sauce together and carefully pour into the pan. Use the same bowl to combine the remaining tablespoon of cornstarch and 2 tablespoons of water. Whisk well then add to the pan. Stir the sauce, allowing it to warm through and bubble. Once the sauce has thickened, add the tofu, toss to coat and remove from heat.
- Now assemble your wraps. Lay your wrap on a flat surface. Spread a spoonful of sriracha mayo then layer on the greens, pickled veggies, a pinch of cilantro and 1/3 of the tofu mixture. Roll into a burrito and optionally toast the wrap on both sides before serving.
Grate or crumble your tofu. If you don’t have a box grater, feel free to crumble the tofu with your hands or a fork.
For best results use super firm or extra firm tofu. I prefer using super firm tofu for this recipe as it is already pressed and easier to shred.
Make it faster with some convenience items. You can use bagged pre-shredded veggies to make this come together faster. Feel free to also use a pre-made sauce like Teriyaki sauce as an alternative to the sauce in the recipe.
Keywords: shredded tofu, shredded tofu wraps, shredded tofu wrap