A full Vegan Sheet Pan Dinner cooked in the oven that you can use for Thanksgiving or Christmas. One main and four hearty sides cook in just 45 minutes.
- 1 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1/4 cup orange juice, no pulp
Mashed Oven Roasted Potatoes
- 1 1/2 lb baby gold potatoes, scrubbed well
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup warm unsweetened soy milk or almond milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable broth
- 2 tbsp vegan butter or vegan sour cream
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp yellow or white miso paste
Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Pistachio Salsa
- 1 lb brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1 large shallot, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1/4 cup shelled pistachios, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1 clove garlic, grated or crushed
- Juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
Cornmeal Crusted Tofu
- 1 (400 g) block extra firm tofu, drained and pat dry then cut into 16 triangles (or desired shape)
- 2 tbsp stone ground cornmeal
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp of fresh minced herbs, minced finely (I did a mix of fresh sage, thyme, and rosemary)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
Candied Roasted Butternut Squash
- 2 cups butternut squash, cubed
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
** Salt & Pepper to taste for all meals
- Preheat oven to 425F. Line 2, 9-inx 13-in baking trays and 1, 15-in by 21-in baking tray with parchment paper.
Set Up the Trays
- For the Cranberries. To an oven safe 12 oz ramekin add in your cranberries, maple syrup, water, and vanilla. Push a cinnamon stick into the middle of the cranberries and then cover the ramekin with an oven safe lid or tightly wrap with foil and place on the corner of one of the smaller baking trays.
- For the Potatoes. To the same tray, add the potatoes. Toss with 1/2 tbsp of oil or more to coat well and sprinkle with salt. Place this tray in the oven on the top rack for 15 minutes.
- Take 6 cloves of garlic, peel and place on a small sheet of foil. Drizzle with oil then seal the foil over the garlic and set to the side.
- For the Brussels Sprouts & Squash. With the large baking tray, add the brussels sprouts and shallots to one side and the cubed butternut squash on the other. Drizzle both sides with olive oil (I used about 1 1/2 tbsp) and sprinkle with a generous pinch of salt. Toss and coat the brussels sprouts well and place as many halves cut side down on the tray. To the butternut squash, sprinkle with cinnamon and a drizzle of the maple syrup and give a good toss and spread out evenly on the tray.
- For the Tofu. Cut the tofu into your desired shapes. If cutting into triangles, spread the tofu out on the last small baking tray. To a small bowl, combine the cornmeal, nutritional yeast, fresh minced herbs, garlic and onion powder, oil and soy sauce. Whisk the mixture to combine and spoon equal amounts of it onto each tofu slice. With clean hands, spread the mixture evenly over each tofu slice and place back on to the baking tray.
- Bake the remaining trays. Place the foil wrapped garlic from earlier on a small corner of the tofu tray. After the initial 15 minutes of baking elapses, place the tofu tray on the top rack with the potatoes and cranberries. Place the large tray with the vegetables on the bottom rack. Roast everything for an additional 25 minutes. Remove the vegetables after 25 minutes and allow the potatoes and tofu to continue cooking for 5 additional minutes.
Prep the Cranberry Sauce
- When the cranberries come out of the oven, carefully peel back the foil and with a spoon, pull out the cinnamon stick. Add 2 tablespoons of orange juice and a small pinch of salt and carefully mash with a spoon. If the mixture is too thick add the remaining orange juice and give a good mix, then set aside to cool.
Prep the Brussels Sprouts
- Add your roasted brussels sprouts and shallots to a medium sized mixing bowl. Top with the pistachios, parsley, lime zest and juice, grated garlic and maple syrup and give a good toss to combine. Taste and adjust salt and pepper to your liking.
Prep the Mashed Potatoes
- Heat up your milk and vegetable broth in the microwave for 15-30 seconds until hot. Whisk the miso paste into the vegetable broth until fully dissolved and set aside.
- Add the potatoes to the bowl and with a potato masher, begin to carefully mash up the potatoes. Once mostly mashed, add 1/2 of the milk, vegetable broth, nutritional yeast, butter, and roasted garlic. Mash everything together again with your potato masher until uniform and creamy. Adjust the consistency with the remaining milk and continue to mash as needed.
- Serve the mashed potatoes with the brussels sprouts, candied squash, the tofu slices and a dollop of cranberry sauce. Add more sides and sauces as desired like mushroom gravy and stuffing and enjoy.
To make this meal efficient, prep some items in advance. You can buy pre-chopped butternut squash and brussels sprouts or clean and trim both the night before making this meal. You can also chop up the shallots and pistachios in advance to save some prep time. Another option, prep each sheet pan tray, cover and place in the fridge the night before so you can just pop it in the oven when it’s ready to cook.
Make sure you have all your ingredients out. Make a check list and pull out all the ingredients then pre-measure and group ingredients together, so prepping doesn’t take longer than it needs to.
If you want super fluffy and creamy potatoes, peel and rice your potatoes. Once the potatoes are cool enough to handle, just peel off the skins and put them through a potato ricer. Alternatively, my grandmother would peel her potatoes, mash them with a potato masher, add the milk and butter then whip the potatoes using a hand mixer. I personally love them with the skins and it’s also less work, so you do you.
If using foil to cover your oven safe baking dish, make sure to place on a baking tray. Your cranberries will bubble, so just to be safe keep it on a baking tray incase any of it bubbles over and drips.
Keywords: vegan sheet pan dinner