This Lemon Garlic Marinated Tofu is loaded with fresh tangy and savory flavors, making it the perfect addition to any bowl, salad or wrap. Easy to make and perfect for your weekly plant-based meal prep.
- 1 block (450g) of extra firm or super firm tofu (if extra firm, press and drain)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 1/2 tbsp yellow miso paste
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp dry oregano
- 1 tsp dry basil
- Cut your tofu into small 1/2 inch cubes and place into an airtight container with salt. Seal container and shake to coat tofu then set to the side.
- To a small bowl or large measuring cup, add garlic, lemon, miso, vinegar, oil, nutritional yeast, oregano, and basil. Whisk to combine until smooth and no lumps of miso paste remain. Then, pour on top of the tofu in the container.
- Give the container a nice shake to coat and place in the fridge to marinade overnight or longer in the fridge. Then it’s ready to use in wraps or on top of salad bowls.
Make sure to press your tofu. You can use a tofu press or wrap the tofu block in paper towels and place between two plates with a heavy object pressed over top. Pressing for 15 to 30 minutes is plenty.
Cut the tofu into small cubes. This will ensure that each piece of tofu properly absorbs the flavor from the marinade.
Allow the tofu to properly marinate. I recommend marinating the tofu for at least 12 to 48 hours for the maximum flavor.
Enjoy hot or cold. I personally love using it straight out of the jar to use in bowls, salads or wraps, but you can also pan-fry or bake it if you prefer.
Keywords: marinated tofu, lemon garlic tofu, lemon garlic marinated tofu