This Cannellini Bean Salad is an easy no cook meal dressed in a deliciously simple maple lime dressing using sweet and savory cherry tomatoes. Serve over your favorite grain for a filling and nourishing bowl.
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or more to taste
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, optional
- 1/2 tsp each fennel seeds and ground coriander
- 1, 15 oz can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup cilantro, minced
- 2 scallions, sliced
- Juice and zest of one lime
- 1 avocado, cubed
- Salt and pepper
- Cooked couscous or quinoa
- Prepare couscous by combining equal parts couscous and boiling water (I used 1 cup each and mixed in some bouillon paste for more flavor) in a bowl, cover and let stand for at least 10 minutes.
- To a small bowl combine the cherry tomatoes and 1/4 tsp kosher salt and allow to sit for 10 minutes. Add in the garlic, oil, soy sauce, maple syrup, vinegar and seasoning. Mix to combine then set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl add beans, parsley, cilantro, scallions, lime zest and juice along with another pinch of salt and pepper. Give everything a good mix to combine then top with the tomato mixture and cubed avocado. Mix everything until well incorporated. For best flavor, allow to marinate for at least an hour, but can be enjoyed immediately if desired. Serve over couscous and enjoy.
To keep the avocado from browning, add and stir in the avocado just before serving.
For optimal flavor, allow the whole mixed salad to sit in the fridge for up to 1 hour so the beans can marinade in the dressing. More flavor in every bite is a good thing.
Use couscous if you want to make this a no cook meal. Take Moroccan-style couscous and add hot water to it. Allow it to sit for 10 minutes, then fluff and it’s ready to serve.
Keywords: white bean salad, cannellini bean salad