This herby Roasted Lentil Potato Salad is the ultimate lazy vegan sheet pan dinner. Cooks in 30 minutes and is then dressed with a creamy maple mustard dressing.
Roasted Vegetables and Lentils
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed or finely minced
- Salt and pepper
- 1 lb baby potatoes, washed well
- 1–2 summer squash or zucchini
- 1, 15 oz can or 1 1/2 cups cooked French lentils, rinsed and drained well
Maple Mustard Dressing
- 3 tbsp plain unsweetened plant based yogurt
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tbsp apple cider vinegar (or more to taste)
- 1 clove garlic, crushed or finely minced
- Preheat oven to 425F. In a small bowl combine the oil, mustard, syrup, thyme, and garlic and mix well. To a large mixing bowl, add your clean potatoes and half the oil mixture. Toss to coat and place on a baking tray, season with a pinch of salt and pepper then place in the oven for 15 minutes on the top rack.
- As the potatoes cook, cut your zucchini and place into the same mixing bowl. Toss with half the remaining dressing and place on a separate large sheet pan on one side. Add the lentils to the bowl, toss with the remaining oil mixture and then place on the opposite side of the sheet pan. Spread everything out so it is in a single layer.
- When the 15 minutes are up, place the tray of vegetables and lentils in the oven and roast for an additional 15 minutes. Before removing the trays from the oven, set the oven to broil and roast for 2 minutes.
- As everything is roasting, make your dressing by combining all the dressing ingredients in a bowl or jar. To assemble, plate your potatoes, top with the vegetables and lentils and drizzle on the maple mustard dressing.
Make sure your baby potatoes aren’t too big. They should be about ping pong ball sized. If really large, you may need to increase the cooking time and roast until you can pierce it easily with a fork.
Broil your potatoes and veggies for 2 minutes. This short period of high heat will help to brown the edges of your veggies a little more. Totally optional, but I love the extra browning it provides.
Adjust the flavor of the dressing based on your preference. Feel free to add more maple syrup if your yogurt or vinegar makes this too tangy. Or add a smaller amount of specific
Keywords: roasted lentils, roasted potato salad, roasted lentil potato salad