This avocado mango salad bowl combines fresh mango, avocado, and edamame with flavorful chili oil. Perfect to enjoy as a snack or an easy vegetarian dinner.
- 2 cups frozen edamame, thawed
- 2 ataulfo mangos, pitted and cubed
- 2 avocados, pitted and cubed
- 1/2 a small red onion, about 1/4 cup diced
- 1/3 cup cilantro, minced
- 1–2 limes
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp maple syrup or agave
- 1/2 tbsp or more of chili crisp oil or 1/2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups shishito peppers or bell peppers of your choice, stems removed and roughly chopped
- Oil for sauteing
- Salt and pepper to taste
- To a mixing bowl add in your edamame, mango, avocado, red onion, cilantro, and the zest of 1 lime.
- Add a small sprinkle of salt and the juice of 2 limes over top along with your soy sauce, sweetener, and chili oil. Give the salad a good mix and let it sit and marinade as you prepare the shishito peppers.
- To a skillet over medium-low heat, add a splash of oil. Once warmed through, add in your garlic and sauté until fragrant. Add the peppers and continue to sauté until the peppers start to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add a small sprinkle of salt and then add the peppers and garlic to avocado mango mix and stir to combine. Serve as a nutritious power bowl with some cooked rice, extra greens and more toppings like chili oil as desired.
If making ahead, add the avocado and mango right before serving. This will keep those ingredients fresh and maintain their pretty colors.
Scale the recipe to your liking. This can be served at gatherings or made to order for single serving purposes.
Use what’s accessible to you. There may be ingredients that might not always be ready, but you can always swap out for other ingredients if desired using the recommendations above.
Keywords: avocado mango, avocado mango salad, avocado mango nourish bowl