This Summer Farro Salad is the perfect nourishing bowl of grains, summer vegetables and a delicious creamy balsamic tahini dressing. Easy dinner bowl ready in less than 30 minutes.
- 1, 15 oz can or 1 1/2 cups cooked French lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1/2 medium red onion, sliced into strips
- 1 tbsp of avocado oil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup frozen fire roasted corn, thawed
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halve if desired
- Fresh parsley for garnish
- 1 cup dry farro
Balsamic Tahini Dressing
- 3 tbsp good quality tahini
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Juice of half a lemon
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1 clove garlic, grated or pressed
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes, optional
- 1/4 tsp dry rosemary
- 2 tbsp water
- Pinch of salt
- Bring a large saucepan filled with water to a boil and preheat oven to 425F. Line 1-2 sheet pans with parchment paper. Place the rinsed lentils on a paper towel and pat dry to remove some of the excess moisture.
- Add the lentils on one pan with half the oil, garlic powder, onion powder and a pinch of salt. Place the zucchini, onion with the remaining oil and seasonings on the other. With your hands, make sure the veggies and lentils are fully coated and spread them out in an even single layer so they have room to roast.
- Place in the oven for 15 minutes, flipping the lentils and vegetables half way through.
- Add the farro to the pot of water with a generous pinch of salt and cook for 15 minutes. Drain the farro and let stand for a few minutes to make the sauce.
- Add all the sauce ingredients to a jar or bowl and whisk together to combine and adjust seasonings as desired. You can add more water a tablespoon at a time if you want your sauce to be thinner.
- To assemble, divide the farro onto each plate, top with the roasted lentils, zucchini, and onions. Then add a sprinkle of the corn, tomatoes, parsley and a drizzle of the sauce.
Spread your lentils out in a single layer. This will make sure that they crisp up appropriately.
Use just enough oil to coat your lentils and vegetables. Using too much oil can prevent the lentils and vegetables from toasting properly.
Adjust the seasonings. You can add more or less of a spice or add more vinegar or sweetener to the dressing if that is your preference.
Keywords: summer farro salad, farro salad, crispy lentils, roasted lentils