This Strawberry Crumble is both healthy and decadent. A fuss-free summer treat loaded with fresh strawberries and topped with a delicious cookie crumble.
- 2 lbs fresh strawberries, quartered (about 5 cups)
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or agave
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 1 cup One Degree Organics Sprouted Rolled Oats
- 5 tbsp almond flour, oat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/3 cup almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp almond extract or 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat your oven to 350F. Add your chopped strawberries to fill the entire bottom of an 8-in x 8-in ceramic baking pan.
- Top the strawberries with cornstarch, maple and lemon juice and then toss together to combine making sure the cornstarch is mostly dissolved by the juiciness of the strawberries.
- In a separate bowl, add your remaining dry ingredients and mix together with a fork. Pour in the almond butter and maple syrup and mix making sure your dry and liquid ingredients are fully combined.
- Top your strawberries with the crumble and bake in the oven for 40 minutes.
- After cooking, remove the baking dish from the oven and allow to set for about 15-20 minutes before serving.
If you do not have a gluten allergy, you can replace the gluten-free flour suggestions for regular all-purpose flour.
Use rolled oats for the crumble. I would not recommend using quick oats as they are small and softer, which will make it harder for them to crisp up in the oven.
Change up the fruit. Combine the strawberries with other berries or choose a different berry or fruit entirely.
Make this into a single serving treat. Just fill up a small ramekin with your berries and top with a 1/4 of the crumble recipe.
Adjust the sugar based on preference. Use less if your fruit is very sweet, but feel free to add more if your strawberries are especially tart.
To make into individual single serve treats, just divide the strawberries and crumble between 4 ramekins and bake as instructed.
Keywords: strawberry crumble, healthy strawberry crumble, vegan strawberry crumble