This Lemon Garlic White Bean Dip is the perfect creamy meal prep alternative to hummus. Rich in umami flavor thanks to the addition of miso and fresh lemon zest.
- 1, 15oz can of cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1–2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 2 tsp white or yellow miso paste
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast, optional but gives more umami flavor
- Juice and zest of 1 large lemon (about 2 tbsp of juice)
- 2 tbsp good quality tahini
- 1/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- 3 ice cubes
To Serve, Optional
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil
- Minced parsley
- Extra lemon zest on top
- Add the beans, crushed garlic, miso, nutritional yeast, lemon zest and juice, tahini, salt and ice cubes to a food processor or high speed blender and blend on high until smooth. The time it takes to blend will depend on the power of your food processor.
- Pour the dip in a bowl or storage container. Optionally, drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, fresh minced parsley and extra lemon zest. If you want it spicy, feel free to sprinkle it with red chili flakes or drizzle with chili oil.
Add ice cubes to the other dip ingredients in the food processor to help the spread thicken and become more fluffy in texture.
Allow the white bean dip to sit after blending. The dip will continue to thicken and as it sits in the fridge the flavors will mingle and develop more.
If you aren’t a fan of super strong garlic flavor, use roasted garlic for a rich and more mellow garlic flavor.
Keywords: white bean dip, vegan white bean dip, lemon garlic white bean dip