Comforting vegan pesto gnocchi made in 15 minutes. A simple meal of tender gnocchi mixed with a creamy basil and sun-dried tomato sauce.
- Prepare the vegan heavy cream by adding your milk, oil and cornstarch to a blender and blend until fully combined.
- Bring a pot of water to a boil and salt the water generously. Add in the gnocchi and allow to cook according to package instructions which generally is between 2-3 minutes or when the gnocchi have floated to the top. Then, drain the gnocchi and set aside.
- To a large skillet add the sun-dried tomatoes with their oil along with the garlic. Heat the tomatoes through for about 2 minutes and then add in the drained beans.
- Sauté until well coated (about 2-3 minutes) and sprinkle with a small pinch of salt.
- Set the heat to low and then add in your pesto and vegan heavy cream that you made earlier.
- Stir the sauce to combine and then add in the gnocchi. Continue stirring until the gnocchi is well coated and then serve with extra garnishes like parsley and red pepper flakes if you like some spice.
Use your favorite vegan pesto sauce homemade recipe or opt for a store bought version. To make sure it is vegan, just check the ingredients.
Don’t overcook the gnocchi. Once it floats to the top, drain the water and add the gnocchi directly to the sauce.
Make sure to generously salt the boiling water for the gnocchi the same as you would if you were cooking regular pasta.
To prevent the gnocchi from sticking to the bottom of the pot as it cooks, make sure to stir the gnocchi a few times as it cooks in the boiling water.
Keywords: vegan pesto gnocchi, creamy vegan pesto gnocchi