This warm cup of Golden Turmeric Latte is loaded with antioxidants and healthy fats and is caffeine-free. Creamy, vegan and made in 5 minutes.
- 2 1/2 cups unsweetened oat milk or other plant based milk you love
- 3/4 tsp to 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp or 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp or pinch of cardamom
- 2 tbsp nut butter (I like to use peanut butter or cashew butter)
- Pinch of black pepper
- 2 tsp or more of maple syrup
- Place all the ingredients in a sauce pan and whisk to combine.
- Heat the beverage over a low heat and continue whisking until smooth. Optional, but you can use a frother to froth some additional milk on top.
Adjust the spices and sweetness to your liking.
To avoid other plant-based milks from curdling when heated, make sure to heat the milk gently. Don’t add your cold milk to a hot pan. Start heating your milk on a low-medium heat and make sure to whisk well as it warms through.
Your spices will settle as the beverage sits over time. If you notice this, just give the drink a mix and it will help redistribute the flavor.
The longer you simmer your beverage, the more intense the flavors will become.
Keywords: golden milk latte, turmeric and milk, golden turmeric latte, vegan turmeric latte