This Peanut Miso Chickpea Salad is a versatile and easy make ahead addition to any vegan meal. Perfect in bowls or to make into a fun sushi stack when a sushi craving hits.
Peanut Miso Chickpea Salad
- 1, 15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tsp yellow miso paste
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tsp maple Syrup
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
To Assemble Bowl or Stack
- 2 cups cooked Brown Rice**
- 1 avocado, mashed
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- Sesame Seeds
- Soy Sauce or Coconut Aminos
- Sesame oil or spray oil
- To prepare the chickpeas, place in a medium sized mixing bowl and mash to your desired consistency with a fork.
- Add in your peanut butter, sriracha, miso paste, maple syrup, and vinegar and continue to mix well to combine making sure to mash the miso well so no large clumps remain.
- ** If you wish to season your rice, combine 2 cups cooked brown rice with 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar, 1 tsp of cane sugar and 1 tbsp of sesame seeds in a bowl. Mix well then set aside.
- To assemble your stack, start by spraying or rubbing the inside of a large measuring cup or flat bottom cup with sesame oil. Now layer the cucumber slices so that they cover the bottom of your cup. Add 2 tbsp or more of mashed avocado and spread it evenly to coat the layer of cucumber. Add 1/4 cup of your mashed chickpea mixture, then fill the remainder of the cup with rice making sure it is pressed and smoothed evenly into the cup.
- Run a thin knife along the edges of the cup to help make releasing the stack easier. Place a flat bottom plate on top of the stack and then carefully flip. You may need to carefully tap the top of the cup to release the contents. Lift the cup away and you should be left with a stack. If any of the cucumber pieces get stuck to the cup, just carefully remove them and place on top of your stack.
- To serve, drizzle with a little soy sauce or sesame oil then top with some sesame seeds and scallions if desired.
If you are nervous about attempting the stack method, know that you can do a simpler nourish bowl. To a bowl serve your chickpeas along with some rice, avocado slices, fresh cucumber, shredded carrot and nori.
Keywords: sushi stack, peanut miso chickpeas, vegan chickpea salad, chickpea salad