This Mango Pico de Gallo is fresh and zesty. A play on both sweet and savory, it’s the perfect healthy salsa to top any meal with.
- 2 ataulfo mangos, diced (about 1 cup diced)
- 3 small Roma or vine-ripened tomatoes, diced (about 1 cup diced)
- 1/2 cup red onion, finely diced (about 1/2 a small red onion)
- 1 serrano pepper, finely diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely diced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice of one lime
- To a medium mixing bowl, add your diced mango, tomatoes, onion, peppers and cilantro.
- Sprinkle everything with salt and then squeeze over with the lime juice.
- Toss everything together to combine. Give the salsa a taste and add more salt or lime juice if needed. Cover the salsa and allow to sit for 30 minutes in the fridge to marinate then serve.
If it’s not yet tomato season, I recommend using Campari tomatoes or cherry tomatoes. They tend to be the more flavorful tomatoes available year round at local markets.
For a zesty twist, add some fresh lime zest to the bowl.
Feel free to use only one spicy pepper. I used both a jalapeno and serrano pepper, but you can just opt for one.
Keywords: mango salsa, mango pico de gallo