Each bite of this chocolate oatmeal is rich and fudgy. A naturally vegan breakfast loaded with cocoa, maple syrup and nut butter.
- 1/2 cup raw hazelnuts (optional)
- 1/2 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 1/4 cup Dutch-processed cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 1/4–1/2 tsp salt, based on preference
- 2 tbsp nut or seed butter (I used peanut butter)
- 2–3 tbsp maple syrup or organic brown sugar or coconut sugar (use what you like to sweeten)
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- Dairy-Free Dark Chocolate Chips
- Fruit like banana or raspberries
- Set oven to 350F. To a lined baking sheet add the hazelnuts and place in the oven to roast for 10-12 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool as you prep your oats.
- To a saucepan add your remaining oatmeal ingredients and bring to a low simmer, stirring regularly until the oats thicken to your liking, about 3-5 minutes.
- Remove the cooked oats from heat. Now, rub the hazelnuts between your palms to remove any excess skins that flake off. Portion your oats and top with chocolate chips, hazelnut and fruit for the ultimate experience.
The longer the oatmeal sits the thicker it will get. They will store in the fridge for up to 4 days. To reheat place the oats in the microwave or in a saucepan along with a splash of milk and reheat to help loosen them up until warmed through.
Keywords: Chocolate Oatmeal, Chocolate Porridge