Fluffy, sweet, wholesome vegan Chocolate Chip Zucchini Muffins. The perfect grab and go breakfast loaded with healthy ingredients.
- 1 cup One Degree Organics Sprouted Gluten-Free Rolled Oats
- 1 cup unsweetened plant-based milk of choice
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat pastry flour, white wheat flour or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar or organic light brown sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup zucchini, grated
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup or more dairy-free chocolate chips
- Set the oven to 425F and prepare your muffin pan by either spraying with non-stick spray or lining with muffin liners and set aside.
- Add your oats and milk to a bowl and allow to soak for 20 minutes. Measure and prep your remaining ingredients as you wait.
- To a separate bowl, add in your flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and give a good mix to combine.
- In the same bowl, add in your apple sauce, apple cider vinegar, vanilla extract, zucchini and your soaked oats.
- Mix your ingredients together to form a thick batter, then fold in your chocolate chips.
- With a cookie scoop or spoon, divide your batter evenly into your muffin tin. Then place your muffins into the oven.
- Bake your muffins at 425F for 5 minutes and while keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the heat to 350F and continue baking for an additional 18 minutes or until a toothpick pierces the center and comes out clean. Allow to fully cool then enjoy.
Bake the muffins for a few minutes at a higher heat. This tip from has been such a game changer for creating the perfect domed top. The extra lift in the muffin also guarantees a better texture inside.
Don’t skip soaking your oats. This makes a huge difference to the structure and consistency of the oats. Soaking softens the oats so they blend better into the batter and it also helps to make the batter thicker, which also helps to give the muffin a good rise.
If you don’t want to see green bits in your muffins, you can peel the zucchini skin before grating it into your batter.
Keywords: vegan zucchini muffins, zucchini oatmeal muffins, vegan chocolate chip zucchini muffins