Golden Roasted Cauliflower and Chickpea Salad seasoned with turmeric, garlic and fennel then roasted until caramelized and topped with maple tahini sauce. Easy to make and customizable.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1, 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 tsp turmeric, divided
- 1 tsp fennel seeds, divided
- 1 tsp ground coriander, divided
- 1 tsp ground cumin, divided
- 1 tsp onion powder, divided
- 2 tsp garlic powder, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- 1/2 tsp salt, divided
- 1/2 tsp black pepper, divided
Extras for Serving
- Maple Tahini Sauce
- Salad Greens
- Preheat oven to 450 F and line two baking trays with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place the drained chickpeas in a clean kitchen towel and rub them dry. Remove any excess chickpea skins that happen to rub off in the process.
- Place the chickpeas and cauliflower on separate lined baking trays. To each tray, add 1/4 tsp of turmeric, 1/2 tsp fennel seeds, 1/2 tsp coriander, 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp garlic powder, a generous pinch of salt and pepper, then the oil.
- Coat the chickpeas and cauliflower in the seasonings and oil evenly, then spread the chickpeas and cauliflower out on the trays, making sure nothing is laying on top of each other. Place the cauliflower pieces cut side down and then place in the oven, the cauliflower on the top rack and chickpeas on the bottom rack.
- Let the chickpeas roast for 20 minutes and the cauliflower roast for 25-30 minutes or until slightly charred on the edges.
- Once roasted, assemble your bowl with greens, grains if desired, the roasted cauliflower and chickpeas and top with the dressing and extras like hemp seeds and scallions.
Make sure to place the cauliflower cut side down on the baking sheet. This will help your cauliflower sear and brown better thanks to the direct heat from the pan.
Avoid overcrowding your pan. I personally like to roast the cauliflower and chickpeas on two separate pans. This will give your veggies space to roast properly and not get soggy.
Adjust the suggested seasonings to your liking. This roasted salad is very forgiving, so if you want to add more or less of any of the suggested seasonings, feel free to!
Don’t roast below 425F. This will ensure that your cauliflower will caramelize and crisp up in the oven.
Keywords: roasted cauliflower with tahini, roasted cauliflower and chickpeas, tahini sauce for cauliflower