Sweet and Spicy Maple Tahini Sauce. Perfect for any salad or grain bowl and just requires 6 simple ingredients. Easy to make, ready in just 5 minutes.
- 6 tbsp tahini
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp hot sauce, adjust more or less to heat preference
- Juice of 1 small lemon, about 2 tbsp
- 1/4 tsp salt or more to taste
- 3–4 tbsp of cold water or more to thin
- In a small bowl, combine the tahini, maple syrup, hot sauce, lemon and salt and give a good whisk to fully combine. As you mix, you will notice your sauce start to thicken and lighten up in color.
- When the sauce has thickened, add 2 tablespoons of cold water and whisk the sauce again to combine.
- Adjust the consistency of your sauce by adding 1 tablespoon of water at a time while whisking until the sauce is thinned to your liking.
Adjust the flavors to your preference. This sauce is meant to be sweet, tangy and spicy. But you can rebalance the amounts to get the flavors you truly love and enjoy.
Adjust the consistency of your tahini sauce by slowly adding water. I add it in 1 tablespoon at a time while whisking until I get the desired consistency I like.
Use cold water. The cold temperature of the water helps to make this sauce nice and fluffy. To make the water cold, I like to add an ice cube to my water as I’m gathering my ingredients and just remove it when ready to pour into the dressing.
Keywords: maple tahini sauce, tahini sauce