This Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal is the perfect breakfast meal prep with gooey blueberry filling. Easy to make, bursting with fresh flavor and vegan.
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 4 tbsp water
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup gluten-free quick oats
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- 1/3 cup almond or cashew butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp almond extract or 1 extra tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups almond milk
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 tbsp maple syrup, optional
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
Lemon Yogurt Drizzle
- 1/4 cup vegan unsweetened yogurt
- Extra lemon zest and 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp maple syrup or more to sweeten to preference
- Heat up a small sauce pan and add in your frozen blueberries and maple syrup. Stir until the blueberries have released their juices and thawed. Stir in your cornstarch and continue to stir for an additional 2 minutes to help them thicken, then remove from heat. They will continue to thicken as they cool.
- Set oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine your flax seed and water and allow to gel for 5 minutes as you prepare the remaining ingredients.
- To a medium sized bowl, add in your rolled oats, quick oats, baking powder, salt and lemon zest. Give everything a good mix to combine.
- To the dry ingredients, add in the nut butter, maple syrup, lemon juice, extracts, flax egg and almond milk. Give everything another mix until everything is well combined.
- Pour the batter into a lightly greased 9-in x 9-in baking dish. Drop dollops of blueberry jam over the surface of the batter and gently swirl overtop (do not overmix).
- Place the baking dish in the oven for 40 minutes. The oats should be golden and the center of the oatmeal should appear set and firm. If jiggly, bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- As the oats cool out of the oven, prepare the yogurt drizzle by combining all the ingredients in a small bowl until smooth. When serving, pour your lemon yogurt overtop your oatmeal slice and enjoy.
To make nut free, swap out the nut butter for sun butter, the almond extract for more vanilla extract, and almond milk for a nut free alternative like coconut beverage, soy milk or pea-protein milk.
If you wish to skip making the blueberry jam, you can just stir in your frozen blueberries into the batter instead.
You can make your own quick oats by adding your rolled oats to a food processor and blitzing it a few times to help break down the oats into smaller pieces.
Allow oats to set and cool for 10-15 minutes before cutting into them.
Keywords: Vegan Baked Oatmeal, Vegan Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal, Lemon Blueberry Baked Oatmeal