A spin on the TikTok Green Goddess Salad turned into a filling and delicious sandwich. Vegan, protein rich, and easy to prep for lunch.
Green Goddess Dressing
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/3 cup fresh basil
- 2 tbsp fresh dill, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 medium sized avocado, pitted and flesh scooped out
- Juice of half a lemon
- 1 tbsp white wine vinegar
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1, 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cabbage, finely diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, finely diced
- 1/3 English Cucumber, finely diced
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely diced
- 6–8 Slices of your favorite bread
- Dijon Mustard
- To a small blender or food processor, add all of the dressing ingredients and blend until completely smooth then set aside.
- Add your chickpeas to a large mixing bowl and lightly mash with a fork or potato masher until the chickpeas are mostly mashed or to the consistency you prefer.
- Now, add in your cabbage, onion, cucumber, jalapeno along with a pinch of salt and pepper and toss together to mix.
- Pour on the creamy dressing and then toss everything until fully coated.
- Now assemble your sandwich. Spread hummus on one slice of toast and mustard on the other. Add extra spinach if desired to the bread with hummus and then top with the green goddess salad as desired. Top with the other slice of bread and enjoy.
Make sure to finely dice your vegetables. It doesn’t need to be perfect, but having the smaller vegetables will help make the mixture hold together better in your sandwich.
Mash your chickpeas to the consistency you prefer. Since this goes in a sandwich, I like mashing it up quite a bit with a few whole chickpeas here and there. This helps the salad hold together better once the dressing is added in the sandwich.
Add some extra seeds for more protein and extra crunch. I love to mix in some hemp hearts or sunflower seeds to change things up.
To store your salad, add it to an airtight container and press a sheet of plastic wrap on top of the salad to help reduce oxidation of the avocado. Place the container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Keywords: green goddess dressing, green goddess salad, chickpea salad sandwich