A rich and creamy Vegan Hot Chocolate that uses velvety chocolate melted along with cocoa powder, soft medjool dates and cashew butter for a luxurious non-dairy beverage.
- 2 1/4 cups unsweetened almond, soy or oat milk
- 2 tbsp cashew butter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 4 soft medjool dates or 1–2 tbsp maple syrup or sugar
- 1 oz square of vegan dark chocolate or 2 tbsp vegan chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt, optional
- Place a sauce pan over low medium heat and add in all of your ingredients and allow to warm through and melt the chocolate completely.
- If using dates, place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until completely smooth. Adjust the sweetness based on your preference and then serve.
Do not boil your hot chocolate. You just want to warm it enough on the stove top to melt the chocolate. I would suggest warming your sauce pan to a medium low heat when heating your hot chocolate.
Adjust sweetness to your preference. This hot chocolate is lightly sweetened with the medjool dates, but can be adjusted by either adding more dates or using some maple syrup or sugar to add more sweetness based on your preference.
Enjoy the hot chocolate immediately after making it. This is best when it’s warm. Do not wait till it gets cool as it will thicken. If it gets too thick, thin it out with additional milk as desired.
Keywords: non-dairy hot chocolate, vegan hot chocolate recipe, creamy hot chocolate