Soft, chewy and easy to meal prep, this Cinnamon Roll Baked Oatmeal is the perfect breakfast recipe. All the flavors of a gooey cinnamon roll mixed into a flavorful baked oatmeal.
- 2 tbsp ground flaxseed
- 4 tbsp water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1/3 cup + 1 tbsp brown sugar, reserve the 1 tbsp to sprinkle
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- 1 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp almond milk
- Set oven to 350F. In a small bowl combine ground flaxseed and water then allow to sit and gel for about 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, stir together your oats, pecans, baking powder, cinnamon, 1/3 cup sugar, and salt.
- Add in the cashew butter, almond milk, vanilla and flax egg and stir well with a spatula until well mixed.
- Spoon your mixture into a greased 8-in x 8-in baking pan and press the oats down evenly over the bottom of the baking dish using the spatula.
- Sprinkle the top of your oats with the remaining tablespoon of brown sugar then place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. During this time you can prepare the optional glaze. Combine powdered sugar, vanilla and almond milk. Once smooth, pour your sugar glaze over top of the oats before serving.
The best part about these oats are how soft they are. In order to keep this soft and gooey texture, make sure to avoid overbaking your oats. 25 minutes is all you need and the softness will maintain itself even after it cools.
Add a nice sprinkle of brown sugar over top of your oatmeal before popping in the oven. As the oats bake, the brown sugar will create a lovely gooey texture for the baked oats and keep them nice and soft.
Wait until your oatmeal cools before adding the icing. If you add it right after taking out of the oven, your icing will melt into the oats.
Keywords: vegan cinnamon roll baked oatmeal, vegan baked oatmeal, cinnamon roll baked oatmeal