Perfectly caramelized sweet and spicy roasted brussels sprouts that will actually make you love them. Quick and easily made in the oven for the perfect last minute side.
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp soy sauce or coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp chili garlic sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 tsp dry thyme
- 1/2 tsp dry oregano
- 1/2 tsp dry basil
- 1/2 tsp dry sage
- 1 1/2 lb of brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/8 cup almond slivers
- Salt to taste
- Preheat your oven to 425F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. To a large bowl, add in your oil, vinegar, soy sauce, maple syrup, chili garlic sauce, garlic, thyme, oregano, basil and sage.
- Give everything a good whisk and then add in your brussels sprouts. Toss them to coat really well in the sauce.
- Take your brussels sprouts from the bowl and place them cut side down on the lined baking tray, making sure they have a bit of space.
- Bake in the oven for 16-20 minutes or until tender with golden edges.
- Remove from the oven and salt to taste then place on a serving plate or bowl then top with pomegranate seeds and almond slivers and serve immediately.
Place each brussels sprout cut side down on the baking tray. This will give the inside the perfect heat to cook and caramelize, which helps to enhance their flavor.
Brussels sprouts taste best in my opinion when they are combined with something sweet. Not overly sweet, but just enough to help take the bitter edge off of them. The extra bonus is that the sweet also helps to develop more of the caramelization on them as they roast.
Roast at a high heat. Not only will it help to cook them quickly, but it also gives them the best texture, soft and caramelized on the edges, but the perfect bite as well.
Do not flip or turn your brussels sprouts while roasting. Leave them undisturbed so that they caramelize perfectly.
Lastly, don’t overcrowd your pan. If you need to, use two baking sheets. Just make sure that your brussels sprouts are not laying on top of each other or they will steam and get mushy, which is not what we are looking for.
Keywords: sweet and spicy brussels sprouts, roasted brussels sprouts, easy roasted brussels sprouts