This Sun-Dried Tomato White Bean Skillet is a delicious hearty meal that cooks up in just 20 minutes. Flavored with herbs and sun-dried tomatoes then served along side with delicious garlic bread.
- 2 tsp avocado oil
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup sliced sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp dry basil
- 1, 15 oz can fire roasted tomatoes
- 2 cans cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 tbsp tahini
- 2 cups kale, cut into bite size pieces or spinach
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable broth or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
Easy Vegan Bread Sticks
- 3–4 slices of Whole Grain Sprouted Bread
- 2–3 tbsp vegan butter, room temperature
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced well
- 1 tbsp vegan cheese
- Heat up a large sauté pan to medium heat and add in your oil.
- Add the onion with a pinch of salt and sauté until translucent.
- Stir in the garlic and sauté until fragrant, then add the sun-dried tomatoes and continue to sauté for a minute.
- Add the paprika, basil and canned tomatoes and stir well.
- To the pan, add in the white beans, tahini, balsamic vinegar and broth. Once combined well, bring to a low simmer and allow to cook for about 8-10 minutes, stirring on occasion and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
- As the skillet simmers, make the garlic bread. Start by combining the butter, garlic, herbs and a pinch of salt and set aside.
- Cut your bread in half, and spread the mixture over each slice of bread generously. Top with a sprinkle of vegan cheese and place in a toaster oven to toast for 5 minutes or until golden and the cheese begins to melt.
- Stir your kale into the stew during the last five minutes of cooking and let it wilt. Serve the stew with the fresh garlic bread and enjoy.
Taste and adjust the seasonings as desired through out the cooking process. The flavor will be dependent on the flavor of the sun-dried tomatoes and broth used.
If concerned about sodium, use water or a low sodium broth to simmer your beans.
Warm your skillet before adding in the oil. This will allow the pot to be nice and warm, which will let the oil spread out more evenly in the pan, which will help prevent things from sticking.
Allow your vegan butter to come to room temperature before adding the additional ingredients to make it easier to mix.
Use a nice hearty sandwich bread like Silver Hills Sprouted Bread or a nice crusty bread to make your garlic bread.
Keywords: white bean skillet, white bean recipes, easy vegan dinner