The perfect chewy Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies made without butter and loaded with gooey marshmallows, chocolate chunks and pumpkin spice.
- 1/2 cup roasted almond butter
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour, spoon into measuring cup and level
- 1/4 cup vegan dark chocolate chips or chunks
- 1/4 cup vegan marshmallows
- Preheat the oven to 350F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. To a medium sized mixing bowl add in your almond butter, sugar, pumpkin, maple syrup, vanilla and salt then mix together really well to combine.
- Now add in your baking powder, baking soda and pumpkin spice and give another good mix.
- Spoon and level your flour then add to your wet ingredients and fold everything together to start forming a dough. Use your hands to carefully kneed it until smooth.
- Fold your chocolate and marshmallows into the dough. Once well incorporated, grab about 2 tablespoon worth of dough or more and form into a dough ball. Place the dough ball onto the baking sheet and gently press down to form a cookie shape.
- Place the cookies in the oven for 10 minutes, then remove from oven and leave them to cool on the baking tray for at least 10 minutes before enjoying.
Leave the cookies on the baking tray when removing from the oven to cool. Please don’t skip this step. The cookies will continue to bake as they cool. If you pick them up, they will fall apart as they are super soft at this stage.
Use a natural, runny nut butter for these cookies. If you use a stiff nut butter brand or use the nut butter at the bottom of a jar you are using, you will likely get cookies that are drier. So mix your jar well and try to go for the runniest you can find.
Spoon and level your flour. I will always include this tip for baking as you want to make sure you are not densely packing in your flour. Adding too much flour to these cookies can lead to a dry or cakey result, which is something we don’t want.
These cookies only spread a small amount, so make sure to flatten the cookies into a cookie shape before placing in the oven.
Feel free to reheat your cookies as desired. Place in the microwave for 15 seconds to help warm up the center and make the ingredients gooey again.
Keywords: Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with Marshmallows, Chocolate Chip Cookies without butter, Chocolate Chip Cookies with Marshmallows