This Chocolate Cherry Granola is the perfect healthy granola recipe for breakfast. Crispy, warm chocolate goodness coating nutritious oats, nuts, seeds, and dried cherries.
- 3 cups rolled oats, use gluten free as needed
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup pepitas
- 2 tbsp chia seeds
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup tahini, smooth and runny
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup vegan dark chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- Preheat oven to 325F. Then line 1-2 baking trays with parchment paper.
- To a large bowl, add oats, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pepitas, chia seeds, cocoa powder, cinnamon and salt and mix to completely combine.
- Add to the bowl of dry ingredients your maple syrup, tahini and vanilla and fold the ingredients together until well incorporated, coating all the oats evenly.
- Scoop your oats onto your baking tray and spread it out evenly in a thin layer.
- Place your baking sheet into the oven to bake for 20-23 minutes making sure to stir your granola in the tray half way through the baking time.
- Remove the tray from the oven and allow your granola to cool down for at least 10 minutes or until completely cooled. Stir in your chocolate chunks and dried cherries until well mixed and then store and enjoy.
Make sure to spread out the granola evenly on your baking tray without overcrowding your pan.
Add in your chocolate chunks and dried fruit once the granola has completely cooled. This will help prevent the chocolate from melting and remain in it’s whole form when storing.
Make sure to use rolled oats. Do not use other varieties of oats like quick oats or steel cut oats as you will not end up with the same crispy texture as you will with rolled oats.
For less clean up and ease, make sure to line your baking sheet with parchment paper.
Do stir your granola half way through the baking process. Stirring the granola will help prevent it from burning and instead leave you with a more evenly baked granola.
Keywords: chocolate cherry granola, healthy granola recipe, vegan granola recipe