These Peach Pie Ice Cream Bars are the perfect vegan summer dessert to cool off with. A no bake crumble base topped with a creamy peach nice cream topping.
- 1 tbsp ground flax seed
- 3 tbsp water
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
Peach Ice Cream
- 2 cups frozen peaches
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/4 cup canned full fat coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Juice of half a lime (about 1 tbsp)
- 1 fresh peach, sliced thin
- Coconut Flakes
- Line a 9in x 9in tray with parchment paper leaving enough on the ends to help pull your bars our later.
- Prepare your flax egg by combining the water and ground flax together. Set aside to gel for about 5 minutes.
- To a food processor, add in your oats, flax egg, nut butter, syrup, vanilla, cinnamon and salt and pulse until the mixture starts to stick together like a dough.
- Take your dough and add it to a parchment lined baking tray and with slightly damp hands or the back of a large spoon, lightly press the layer flat to cover the bottom surface of your dish.
- To prepare the peach layer, add your peaches, bananas, maple syrup, lime juice and coconut milk to a food processor and blend until completely smooth and creamy.
- Scoop your creamy ice cream layer on top of the base and smooth it out. To decorate, add some thinly sliced fresh ripe peaches on top with some coconut flakes.
- Place your dish into the freezer for at least 3 hours or until the ice cream is firm.
- Remove the tray from the freezer and allow to thaw for 5 to 10 minutes then carefully lift the dessert out of the tray with the parchment paper and with a sharp knife cut your block into 9 equal squares.
For a naturally sweet ice cream layer, feel free to freeze your own ripe peaches. Just make sure to peel and slice them to make blending them easier when you go to make your peach ice cream.
To help prevent your hands from sticking to the dough when pressing it into your dish, just lightly wet your hands and shake excess water from them. The slight moisture on your hands will help to prevent the dough from sticking and easier to mold as desired.
If you are not a banana fan you can stick to just using the peaches and coconut milk mixture. Just sub in some extra peaches to help blend it to a creamy consistency.
Keywords: peach bars, vegan peach bars, peach pie ice cream bars